To enable delegates to have a clear understanding of the Sales Management role and how to become more effective sales managers.
The programme is suitable for experienced sales managers, as well as those who have been, or are about to be, promoted into sales management.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Sales Manager
- Learn the skills to get effective results from a sales team using sales plans and targeting techniques
- Prepare a successful sales plan for the team
- Recruit and select high quality salespeople
- Implement an effective interview strategy
- Produce a successful training plan for their staff
- Run more effective sales meetings
- Tackle problems and make decisions
- Build more motivated sales teams
- Coach team members to sell more effectively
- Communicate with the team
- Appraise sales performance
Course content includes:
- The sales management role
- Sales planning and targeting
- Management styles
- Taking over new sales teams
- Recruiting and selecting sales staff
- Leadership and motivation
- Setting standards of performance
- Problem solving and decision making
- Appraising sales force performance
- Field sales training
- Setting team and personal goals
How the course works
This course is a must for both experienced and new sales managers. It is also a great introduction for potential management candidates. First of all, delegates are given a full understanding of what is expected of them in their role as sales managers.
Over the period of the programme, delegates look at the key management skills and practise their use, identifying practical solutions to a range of problems faced by them as sales managers.
The programme is designed to meet the needs of individual managers as well as the needs of the organisation.
At the end of the course, delegates produce a personal action plan, for use back at work.
To find out more Contact us