Telephone Skills (Outbound)
This challenging and motivating programme has been written for sales professionals dedicated to selling over the phone, making mainly outgoing calls. The course is designed to give delegates more confidence when selling by phone.
The programme is suitable for salespeople who need to use the telephone as part of their job function, either for selling, or booking appointments.
By the end of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Make outgoing sales calls with confidence to a high degree of professionalism
- Understand the importance of customer service in a telesales environment
- Structure their calls
- Demonstrate active questioning and listening skills
- Understand how to identify needs
- Learn how to cross sell and up sell
- Establish their own structure for a Telesales call using all stages from opening the call to closing the call
- Close the sale more effectively
Course Content Includes:
- Using the telephone; advantages and disadvantages
- Understanding why customer care is important
- Preparing to call
- Opening the telephone call. Putting the customer at their ease. Gaining and keeping control
- Structuring the call
- Communication skills
- Selling features and benefits and when to present the product
- Dealing with objections
- Closing the sale, or gaining commitment
- Dealing with rejection
Optional for Sales Team Leaders
- Call monitoring
How the course works
Delegates are given a clear understanding of the nature of telephone selling and the need for the customer to feel relaxed and not pressurised.
Telephone monitoring equipment is used to give delegates the opportunity to practise their skills in a positive environment.
During the course, delegates produce a number of scripts using a structured approach with words and phrases that sound natural and involve the customer.
At the end of the course, delegates produce a personal action plan, for use back at work.
To find out more Contact us