Want to improve your sales?
Here are 8 useful tactics that you can use to boost your bonuses and your commissions.
1) Don’t leave all of your prospecting to normal business hours.
Instead, try between 8 and 9 in the morning and between 5 and 6 in the afternoon.
You will most likely reach the decision-makers that you want to speak to as their PA’s and admin staff usually come to work after they have arrived.
2) Are you using faxes to deliver your messages?
Try them out, you will be pleasantly surprised on how effective they are.
3) Ask yourself each day “What am I doing to fill the pipeline?” and also “How am I managing the pipeline at each stage?”
If I came to meet with you and you showed me a list of your prospects, I should be able to pick one at random and you should have a written record of where they are in the pipeline and what the next steps are.
4) Ask questions to find out what the prospect wants rather than just talking about you and your products.
5) Following on from tactic number 4 always remember to stress the benefits of your products and services and what is in it for the prospect.
That’s all they care about.
Remember, the impact and value to the prospect from your product must outweigh what it costs or else there is not a return on investment for the prospect.
6) Sales is a contact sport!
Follow up with your prospects on a regular basis and keep in contact with your existing clients.
It’s a lot easier to sell to an existing client than it is to sell to sell to one you do not know!
7) Prospects love freebies!
What can you give them that will be of value and use to them?
It will demonstrate that you care and that you are thinking of them.
8) Make an emotional bond with the prospect and they will view you as a friend rather than a salesperson.
Try to convert prospects into friends and then friends into clients and you can’t go far wrong!